A Holy Love | 1 Peter 1: 22-2: 3
22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
“All flesh is like grass
and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
and the flower falls,
25 but the word of the Lord remains forever.”
And this word is the good news that was preached to you.
A Living Stone and a Holy People
2:1 So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.
2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. 1
1 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (1 Pe 1:22–2:3). (2016). Crossway Bibles.
What are the characteristics of the Christians Holy Love?
1. Holy Love is a sincere love for the Church.
2. Holy Love is a supernatural love.
3. Holy Love put’s off the old ways.
4. Holy Love longs for the Word
1. If you profess faith in Christ, are you marked by “unhypocritical” love for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?
2. In what way(s) do you find it hardest to love your church? What would happen if you saw those challenges as opportunities to love well, rather than as excuses not to bother?
3. Would your attitude toward spending time with the Lord in his word be described as “craving”? Why / why not?
4. How might reflecting on the ways you have experienced God’s goodness to you encourage you to read his word more regularly and more expectantly? Do you need to change your Bible habits?