The Steadfast Love of the Lord (Psalm 33)
Updated: Jun 14, 2022
Sunday Sermon 05/29/22
By David Reid
Questions to guide your discussions:
1) Much of our worship revolves around our circumstances, how can recognizing and meditating on Christ, His work, and gospel blessings help you to worship in all seasons?
Verse 1 says "Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright." Spend time encouraging one another that God declares His people righteous and upright.
The psalm gives 4 reasons we are to worship:
(1) the perfections and beauty of God,
(2) God’s creative works reflect His awesome power and wisdom,
(3) God’s governing providence over the affairs of man,
(4) God’s presence and watching over His covenantal people.
2) How does remembering the character of God help you worship the Lord in your daily routine?
3) Discuss verses 10-12, God's providence over all mankind. In what ways does this encourage and strengthen your faith? Think through the implications of verse 11 and God's plan of salvation. "The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations."
4) In light of the 4 reasons to worship, what does responding to the Lord look like for you? Specifically waiting on the Lord.